Friday, November 16, 2007

Corel Painter X

I've been a fan of Painter for awhile now. I bought Painter 8 for a freelance job almost five years ago (my first job actually...an ill fated affair to say the least), and I haven't felt the need to keep it particularly up to date. It served a lot of needs for drawing and painting digitally. But I just this evening broke down and upgraded to version ten, and I gotta say, most of the improvements are subtle, but noticeable. Brushes seem a bit more fluid. I'm impressed. Painter, to me, always seemed just a bit more direct than Photoshop, when it comes to using the program to draw. Of course, this is only natural. Photoshop wasn't really intended for painting. And this only solidifies my impression. So, here without any further adieu is some art by EEK using Painter X:


No comments: